- Transfer from any hotel or condo Pattaya and back
- Work as a professional guide
- All entrance fees and charges
- Lunch, soft drinks
- Donations and alms at the temple
- Souvenirs and other expenses for personal needs
- Dress comfortably, like walking in nature
- Camera, video equipment
- Money for personal expenses
"To Dragon Lair" excursion from Pattaya
The author's mystical adventure tour for one day. Excursion "To the Dragon's Lair" is performed from Pattaya, this is a journey through not quite touristy places. You will visit the real Thailand, places that foreign travelers do not usually visit.
A very beautiful and mysterious Forest Monastery is located two hours from Pattaya (but do not confuse it with the Forest Temple, where the Black Monk makes magical Sak Yant tattoos). The main temple of the Forest Monastery is majestic, built on an island in the middle of a forest lake in a valley surrounded by high hills.
The very territory of the Forest Monastery is huge, it is divided into two parts. The part where the evil spirits dwell is called the Hell Territory, which makes a shocking impression on visitors. And the other part, no less interesting, is the territory of Paradise, it is very beautiful and comfortable there. Between these territories there is a cascading waterfall and a chain of lakes with giant Victoria Amazonian water lilies. The Forest Monastery is a highlight of excursion "To the Dragon's Lair".
We will have lunch, and after that we will visit a giant cave with an ominous name: "The Gates of Hell". Here, the statues of stalagmites, formed by nature, resemble the work of the same name by the sculptor Auguste Rodin, which he created for 37 years.
The program will also include a visit to another huge grotto in the rock, this place is called the "Dragon's Lair".
The underground river, along which we will sail on a boat, will lead us to a small "Lost World", surrounded by mountains on all sides, which can only be entered through caves. There are 5 caves here, 3 of which we will visit. However, in winter the underground river dries up and we go through this underground tunnel on foot.
On the excursion "To the Dragon's Lair" we will visit a sheep farm, also located on the shore of a picturesque forest lake, communicate with other animals, feed the monkeys.
"Dragon Lair" package details
- 09:00 Contact zoo (alpacas, white lion cub, capybaras, zebras, giraffes, antelopes, elephants and other animals, as well as a pool with arapaima);
- 10:30 Sheep farm in a mountain valley;
- 11:30 Forest monastery with a waterfall, lakes with giant water lilies;
- 13:00 Lunch. Thai national or European cuisine;
- 14:30 Boat trip along the underground river. Cave temple, ritual for Good Luck;
- 15:30 Meeting with monkeys;
- 16:00 Grotto-cave "Dragon's Den", Burmese chedi;
- 17:00 Giant cave "The Gates of Hell".
As you can see, this is going to be a very busy and interesting day. All sights are located next to each other and at a distance of 100-120 km from Pattaya.
This tour is usually accompanied by a Russian-speaking tourist guide. If you need an English-speaking guide, it will be optimal to choose an individual tour. In this case, the program will be held in English only.
Excursion "Dragon Lair" - FAQs
Address for taxi drivers: 144/1 Jomtiensaineung, Nongprue, Banglamung, Chonburi 20150, Thailand
See location on Google Maps
You can read real reviews about Dragon Lair and write your own review!