- Transfer from any hotel or condo in Pattaya or in Bangkok and back
- Professional guide accompanying
- All entrance fees and charges
- Souvenirs and other purchases
- Donations and alms at temples
- Copy of passport (photo)
- Dress conservatively for visiting temples - shoulders and knees must be covered
- Camera, video equipment
- Money for personal expenses
"Amphawa city on water" tour description
One day guided tour can be performed from Pattaya City as well as from Bangkok. The price is without difference but pick-up and return times will be different. We will explore Western and South-Western vicinities of Thailand's capital. See floating markets, some unusual temples and other unique attractions.
The pearl of trip is Amphawa historic city which was built on water. Amphawa is the most authentic city in Thailand, widely known as "Asian Venice". Amphawa City was founded in the XVII century and here two Kings of Siam were born: Rama I and Rama II.
"Amphawa city on the water" tour program
- After 2 hours journey by comfortable air-con minibus, we arrive at the first point of our trip. It is Wat Sam Phran, also known as "Dragon Temple" or วัดสามพราน and located in Nakhon Pathom province. It is one between the most unusual Thailand's temples. The main building was constructed as a high tower entwined with a huge stylized dragon. Inside this dragon is a staircase to the top of the tower. The length of dragon is 300 meters. The height of tower is 17 floors, Wat Sam Phran was founded in 1985th. Dragon Temple is little known to tourists. Previously, the access of tourists to Wat Sam Phran was strictly prohibited! The temple had a bad reputation, thanks to the monks who performed unusual and shocking rites in the garden located around this temple. But after the scandal that broke out in the press and the subsequent trials of the abbots of the temple, access to the monastery was opened to everyone. And Wat Sam Phran is becoming more and more popular every day. The temple has recently been renovated after several years of neglect. Only recently has it become possible to climb inside the dragon's body to the very top of an open maw.
- After shocking temple of Wat Sam Phran, we go to explore other known touristic sight - Damnoen Saduak Floating Market (ตลาดน้ำดำเนินสะดวก). There are several floating markets near Bangkok City but this one is the most popular. Because Damnoen Saduak is included in such guided tours, as: "River Kwai Paradise", "River Kwai Premium" and other excursions from Pattaya to Kanchanaburi. We take classic long-tailed boat and will have trip along ancient canals of Damnoen Saduak Floating Market. Here everyone can buy some souvenirs.
- After it, the Samut Songkhram Railway Market waits for us! It also known as Mae Klong Train Market or "Market of drop-down umbrellas". At certain times, a real train passes through this market, and when there is no train, there is a brisk trade on the railway track. Very, very colorful place!
- Arriving to city of Amphawa. Make small walking city tour through Amphawa's historical parts.
- Lunch in cozy restaurant with national kitchen.
- Wat Bang Kung (วัดบางกุ้ง) knows as Muay Thai monastery. Firstly, we test the unique "Elixir of Strength" prepared by local monks using secret recipes and ingredients. Secondary, see nature miracle - Buddhist temple between roots of ancient ficus. And in third, visit small monastery zoo of animals rescued by monks, feed the animals. Even camels live here!
- In evening time we come back to Amphawa. Make boat trip along the canals of Amphawa and watch the real miracle of nature: fireflies flicker in the coastal trees.
"Amphawa City on the Water" excursion - FAQs
Address for taxi drivers: 144/1 Jomtiensaineung, Nongprue, Banglamung, Chonburi 20150, Thailand
See location on Google Maps
Ask consultant Price compare
You can read real reviews about Amphawa - the city on water and write your own review!