- Guide accompanying
- All entrance fees and charges
- Meals 4 times (2 lunches, breakfast, dinner)
- Hotel accommodation for 1 night
- Souvenirs and other purchases
- Professionally made photos
- Donations and alms at the temple
- Extra food and drinks
- Dress like for walks in nature
- Wear comfortable shoes
- Camera, video equipment
- Money for personal expenses
"Isan Treasures" overnight trip from Pattaya
Until recently, there were no excursions in Pattaya for 2 or more days to the North-East of Thailand. And now we are pleased to offer an interesting excursion from Pattaya to the mysterious Isan region. "Isaan Treasures" tour from Pattaya will take 2 days and you will learn a lot of interesting things about the culture, and life of people living in Isan region. It doesn't look like Pattaya, Bangkok, Phuket or River Kwai at all. This is not the area of "Golden Triangle" located in the north of Thailand. Isaan (some people write "Isan" and it is right too) is very distinctive and even in some ways is more inclined towards the Lao and Khmer cultures.
So, the highlight of the "Treasures of Isan" program is a visit to the ancient, perfectly preserved city of the Angkor period - Phnom Rung. Prasat Phanom Rung is considered to be the real gem of Isan. The city is located on top of an extinct volcano and for some time was the capital of the Khmer Empire. Even those who have been on an excursion from Pattaya to Cambodia, who have seen the temples of the Great and Small Circle of Angkor, will be amazed at the beauty and uniqueness of the Phnom Rung temple. In general, very few tourists get here. Phnom Rung was built in the 12th century and was one of the most important cities in the Khmer Empire outside Angkor. For some time, during the reign of Jayavarman VII, it was the main city of the Khmer Empire. Phnom Rung is remarkably well preserved to this day and can be called one of the most impressive ancient cities in all of Southeast Asia.
"Isan Treasures" excursion program includes an inspection of the Wat Luang Pee Sam - temple of precious stones. We will see the most famous cave of the Isan region - Tham Khao Chakan. Visit and explore Lalu Fault. The Lalu Fault is a park with original rock formations, landscapes like on another planet, for example - on Mars.
You will also see one of the most famous shrines in Thailand - the majestic Wat Mahawihan temple.
We will spend the night at the foot of the beautiful cliffs in a hotel located in the fields of flowers in the province of Sa Kaeo.
On the way back you will visit the unique historical park "Heritage of Ancient Civilization". This is a very unusual place in Thailand. The park is located in a deep jungle and there are perfectly preserved traces of the most ancient civilization of people. Namely - petroglyphs. Drawings by ancient people, the so-called "Prehistoric Rock Paintings", which are up to 4000 years old. One of the drawings is considered the most beautiful prehistoric depiction of people found in Thailand. It depicts a group of people dressed in leaf skirts. These are men, women and children, engaged in a variety of activities, from hunting to dancing and playing. The paintings are believed to have been created by people who lived in the area around 3000-4000 years ago. But the color never fades.
On the way to the rock paintings, flocks of fluffy white large squirrels will surely catch your eye. There are a lot of them in this forest.
And of course, the park itself is unusually delightful for its landscape. You will visit this absolutely fantastic and mysterious world among bizarre huge stones and rocks, in the depths of the impenetrable jungle.
Even the kitchen will surprise you on this journey! You will get acquainted with real Isan cuisine, taste unique and very tasty dishes that cannot be found in Pattaya.
"Isan Treasures" package details
The first day.
- 7:00 Departure from Pattaya. Pick up guests for condo and hotels in Pattaya.
- 9:00-10:30 Visit to Wat Luang Pee Sam - Gem Temple with a cave.
- 12:00-13:00 Lunch at Italian restaurant.
- 14:00-15:00 Tham Khao Chakan, Isan's most famous cave.
- 16:00-17:00 Visit to the earth fault Lalu (a park with original rock formations, landscapes like on the planet Mars).
- 18:00 Arrival at the 4-star boutique hotel, free time.
- 19:00-20:00 Dinner at a French restaurant.
- 20:00 Relax at the hotel, there is a pool and a bar.
- 7:00-8:00 Breakfast at hotel.
- 8:30 Departure from hotel.
- 9:00-11:00 The ancient city of Prasat Phanom Rung, located at the top of an extinct volcano.
- 12:00-13:00 We visit one of the most famous shrines in Thailand - majestic Wat Mahawihan temple.
- 13:30-14:30 Lunch at Isan restaurant.
- 15:30-17:00 The Heritage of Ancient Civilization Park: petroglyphs, forest temple, Buddha sanctuary.
- 17:00-20:00 Heading back to Pattaya, on the toll highway. One stop at a gas station, there is a coffee shop and 7/11.
- 20:00 Arrival in Pattaya. We will take you to a condo or hotel in Pattaya.
This tour is usually accompanied by a Russian-speaking tourist guide. If you need an English-speaking guide, it will be optimal to choose an individual tour. In this case, the program will be held in English only.
"Isaan Treasures" excursion - FAQs
Address for taxi drivers: 144/1 Jomtiensaineung, Nongprue, Banglamung, Chonburi 20150, Thailand
See location on Google Maps
You can read real reviews about Isan Treasures and write your own review!