- Transfer from any hotel or condo in Pattaya and back
- Flight Bangkok-Ubon Ratchathani-Bangkok
- Guide accompanying
- Meals (2 lunches, dinner, 2 breakfasts)
- All entrance fees and charges
- Hotel accommodation for 1 night
- Souvenirs and other purchases
- Professionally made photos
- Single hotel accommodation
- Alcohol, extra food
- Origin of passport
- Dress for temples - knees and shoulders covered
- In winter (from November to February) maybe cool at night - take extra clothes with you.
- Bathing accessories (to visit thermal springs), towels, sunscreen
- Camera, video equipment
- Money for personal expenses - Thai baht or dollars
"Emerald Triangle" excursion in Thailand
New author tour from Pattaya, in two days we visit the North-Eastern regions of Thailand Kingdom and the territories of two neighboring countries - Laos and Cambodia. This tour from Pattaya does not intersect with trips to the Golden Triangle of Thailand. Despite the similar name, it has nothing in common with excursions to the Golden Triangle. There are no repetitions with any tours from Pattaya to Cambodia - Angkor Temple Complex. In the territory of Cambodia, a completely different temple is visited.
On overnight excursion to the Emerald Triangle of Thailand, we will visit many waterfalls, take a river cruise along the Mun river. Visit Kaeng Tana island with completely unearthly, fantastic landscapes. We will visit the beautiful "Phosphorus Temple" - Wat Sirindhorn Wararam. Get acquainted with the unique Temple of a Million Bottles - Wat Pa Maha Chedi Kaew. After all, "Emerald Triangle" excursion is an opportunity to visit from Pattaya the disputed territory of Preah Vihear between Thailand and Cambodia and see three national parks at once. So, what sights of the Emerald Triangle do we visit during our journey?
This is a mystical island with some kind of unearthly, fantastic landscapes. Here in the stone holes live the world-famous Naga snakes. Every year in October, they become more active and release fireballs from the mouth. But the rest of the time is too hot for them and they sleep deep in the stones. And only occasionally at night Naga crawl out of the holes and scare local fishermen.
For those who wish will be given the opportunity to spend the night not in the hotel, but in a tent right on this mysterious island of Kaeng Tana!
The Khmer Empire temple complex, which is dedicated to Lord Shiva. The object of a territorial dispute between Thailand and Cambodia. It has been a UNESCO World Heritage site since July-7-2008. This temple was damaged during an artillery bombardment by Thailand Army in February-6-2011, which arose during the border clashes between Thailand and Cambodia.
Temple of a Million Bottles
Wat Pa Maha Chedi Kaew can be easily recorded in the TOP-5 of the most beloved by the inhabitants of Thailand. Perhaps, the parishioners didn’t donates so much and so willingly as to this one! True, all that was needed was to carry empty beer bottles here. Anyway, the scale of people's love is impressive: over a couple of decades, more than a million pieces of multi-colored used glassware have accumulated. Exactly enough so that you can build one of them a huge temple with a monastic yard and even a guest house for tourists who want to live "behind glass".
Tham Pha Thai national park
Tham Pha Thai national park is famous not only for its stone "mushrooms" and tearing cracks. On the steep banks of Mekong River there is an entire gallery of petroglyphs - rock paintings of ancient people. The age of these images is more than 4000 years.
"Emerald Triangle" tour program
The first day:
- 04:30-05:00 Pick up time. Departure from Pattaya hotels, transfer to Bangkok airport.
- 08:00-08:45 Short flight from Bangkok to Ubon Ratchathani. It is a domestic flight, without customs control. But you can take not over 5 kg of hand luggage with you.
- 09:00 Meeting with a guide at Ubon Ratchathani airport. Depart to Pha Tek national park.
- 09:30 Breakfast.
- 10:00 Ubon Ratchathani sightseeing tour.
- 12:00 Soei Sawan waterfall, swimming under waterfall in natural stone whirlpool tubs. This is one of the most beautiful and unusual waterfalls in Thailand.
- 13:30 Lunch.
- 14:30 Journey to Mekong River, on the way we will visit two more interesting and unusual waterfalls with fantastic stone "flowers" and "cucumbers".
- 16:30 Pha Taem national park, the easternmost point of Thailand Kingdom. We will visit the main viewing platforms of this park, look at the territory of Laos. Also, we go to see "petroglyphs" - the ancient rock paintings of primitive tribes.
- 18:30 An extraordinarily beautiful Wat Sirindhorn Wararam, also known that "Phosphorus Temple". When the sun goes down, the walls of this temple and the paths around Wat Sirindhorn Wararam begin to shine with extraordinary colors.
- 20:00 Arrive to Khong Chiam, the confluence of two rivers with waters of different colors. Check in to the hotel. Dinner in national restaurant.
- 07:00 Breakfast.
- 08:00 River cruise along the Mun river by boat to the mystical Kaeng Tana island, inhabited by the Naga snakes. Swimming in the river, disembarking and walking around Kaeng Tana island.
- 12:00 Stop for a swim at the beach of Sirindhorn lake. Lunch.
- 14:30 Arrive at the Emerald Triangle, namely the disputed territory between Thailand and Cambodia - Preah Vihear. National Park, an ancient Khmer temple, a place of battles and clashes between two countries.
- 17:30 The unique Temple of a Million Bottles (Wat Pa Maha Chedi Kaew), which is entirely built from bottles, including even a crematorium. In the rays of setting sun, this temple is extraordinarily beautiful. All the bottles of different colors. And the light of of the setting sun shimmer and reflect from them.
- 19:30 The group goes back to Ubon Ratchathani. Upon arrive - free time, you can visit local souvenir market.
- 21:30 Flight from Ubon Ratchatani to Bangkok.
- 22:30 Arrival in Bangkok, meeting with our driver in airport. Transfer to Pattaya.
- 00:00-00:30 The group arrives to Pattaya, we deliver each guest to hotel or guesthouse of Pattaya.
"Emerald Triangle" excursion - FAQ
Address for taxi drivers: 144/1 Jomtiensaineung, Nongprue, Banglamung, Chonburi 20150, Thailand
See location on Google Maps
You can read real reviews about Emerald Triangle and write your own review!