- Transfer from any hotel or condo in Pattaya and back
- Guide accompanying
- All entrance fees and charges
- Lunch, soft drinks
- Souvenirs and other purchases
- Professionally made photos
- Donations and alms at the temple
- Additional food, alcoholic beverages
- Copy of passport (photo)
- Clothes for visiting temples - knees and shoulders are closed
- Comfortable shoes
- Lunchbox from hotel
- Camera, video equipment
- Bathing accessories, towels, sun protection
- Money for personal expenses
"In Search of Sapphires" excursion in Pattaya
"In Search of Sapphires" - this is a new author's adventure excursion from Pattaya, which does not involve long-distance journeys. All attractions are located in the south-eastern regions of Thailand, a maximum of 150-170 kilometers from Pattaya. Therefore, "In Search of Sapphires" tour is suitable for both adults and young travelers. Children especially like the sapphire mines, where they can participate in the search for precious stones and even take the gem with them. You can surely go on our exciting journey!
Our guided tour "In Search of Sapphires" from Pattaya is possibility to visit the world-famous gemstone market in Thailand (International Gems Central Market @ Chanthaburi). The market is known primarily for the fact that brokers from Arab countries, India and Pakistan buy precious stones there literally in bags and you can see it for yourself! But about everything in order.
Excursion "In Search of Sapphires" is carried out from Pattaya in limited groups of no more than 12 people. Transport - comfortable, air-conditioned minibus or minivan. An experienced guide will accompany you all the way. Mostly Russian-speaking groups, but English-speaking travelers can go here - after all, our staff speaks English. A private tour with an English-speaking guide is possible too.
We will visit a unique Buddhist temple - Wat Khao Sukim, which is located in a picturesque place on the top of a mountain. We will take the funicular up there and perform a special ritual to attract wealth. Further, we will immediately go to real sapphire mines to try our luck. Here everyone will be able to take part in the extraction of precious stones in the old fashioned way, by hand. Like when mining gold in the Wild West. In this case, one gem can be taken for yourself!
Lunch is waiting for us in a very picturesque place, in the sea bay on a raft among mangrove forests and oyster plantations. Lunch will include sea fish, fresh oysters and other delicacies.
We will take a walk in the coastal mangrove forests. Both on foot and by motorboat. Here, at the same time, we will feed the sea predatory fish.
We will visit the known gems market in Chanthaburi. Here, dealers from Arab countries, Israel, the Netherlands and other parts of the world come to this market in Chanthaburi. Because here, at International Gems Central Market @ Chanthaburi, is the greatest probability of acquiring for a little money a unique masterpiece made by nature itself from precious stones - amethysts, rubies, sapphires and others.
A unique place that we visit during the "In Search of Sapphires" tour is the recently built Sapphire Temple, original and incredibly beautiful. And when the day comes to an end, we will stop at the observation deck located on the rock. And meet the sunset with views of the Gulf of Thailand.
"In Search of Sapphires" tour description
- Pick up from hotels starts at 06:00 and by 06:30 we leave Pattaya;
- By 08:30 we make a stop for breakfast (don't forget to bring a lunch box from the hotel). You can also order breakfast on the spot, for a symbolic 100 ฿;
- At 09:30 we arrive at Wat Khao Sukhim. We take the funicular up to the top of the mountain, where Wat Khao Sukhim is located - a very famous, sacred place in the Buddhist world. Here everyone will be able to undergo a ritual to attract wealth;
- By 11:00 we will arrive at the sapphire mines. Here, precious stones are mined using the old proven methods - by hand, by washing. Here everyone can try their luck and take part in the extraction of sapphires. One gem you find can be taken with you;
- 12:30 lunch in the national style. A restaurant on a raft in the sea bay. Freshly picked oysters and other seafood for lunch;
- 13:00 We take a walk through the real mangrove forests, at the same time we feed the predatory marine fish;
- 14:30 Visit to a beautiful Catholic church in Chanthaburi;
- 15:00 The famous gemstone market in Chanthaburi city. Here are the lowest prices for precious and semiprecious stones in the whole Kingdom of Thailand;
- 17:00 Gorgeous, beautiful Sapphire Temple;
- 18:00 Watching the sunset on a romantic observation deck on a cliff overlooking the Gulf of Thailand;
- 19:30 Optional - we will stop at the fruit market with low prices;
- We will arrive in Pattaya by 20:00.
This tour is usually accompanied by a Russian-speaking tourist guide. If you need an English-speaking guide, it will be optimal to choose an individual tour. In this case, the program will be held in English only.
"Search of Sapphires" guided tour - FAQs
Address for taxi drivers: 144/1 Jomtiensaineung, Nongprue, Banglamung, Chonburi 20150, Thailand
See location on Google Maps
You can read real reviews about Search for Sapphires and write your own review!