- The guide accompanying
- All transfers on the route
- Two nights accommodation at 3* hotels
- All entrance fees and charges
- Meal full board
- Air tickets to Chiang Rai, transfers to/from airport of origin
- Souvenirs and other purchases
- Professionally made photos
- Donations and alms at temples
- Change hotel level
- Single accommodation at the hotels
- Extra food and drinks, alcohol
- Passport (we visit to the border zone, required original)
- Money for personal expenses
- Clothes for visiting temples - knees and shoulders are closed
- Swimming accessories, towel
- Camera, video equipment
Golden Triangle and Doi Inthanon tour
Another fascinating excursion program in the northern provinces of Thailand. Travel to the roof of Thailand. Doi Inthanon is the highest mountain in the Kingdom of Thailand, its height is 2559 meters above sea level. Sometimes at the top there are even frost and hoar. The area around Doi Inthanon is a national park in Thailand. On the slopes of Mount Doi Inthanon, two interesting and unusual temples were built, as well as a park of mountain flowers. An excellent highway leads to the top, which passes through beautiful waterfalls.
The Golden Triangle of Thailand is the accepted geographic name for the mountainous region at the junction of the borders of Thailand, Myanmar and Laos. The territory of the Golden Triangle was known to the whole world for the production of opium, but now it is a very picturesque area popular with tourists.
Airfare is not included in the price of this tour, because you can start the trip from anywhere in Thailand, meeting with guide in Chiang Rai. If necessary, we can calculate the cost of the tour from Pattaya, Bangkok, Hua Hin or Phuket, including air tickets and transfers to / from the airport or origin.
Golden Triangle and Doi Inthanon • Excursion program
The first day:
- 08:30 Meeting with the guide at the Chiang Rai airport. Meeting is possible at the intercity bus station, or from any hotel within Chiang Rai;
- 09:30 We are going to the Golden Triangle;
- 09:30 Opium Museum;
- 10:30 Long-tail boat trip on the Mekong River, entering the territorial waters of the Union of Myanmar and Laos PDR;
- 11:00 Visit Dao Island in Laos. Dao Island in the Golden Triangle has the status of Duty Free. Souvenir market in Laos PDR;
- 12:00 Mae Sai, border with Myanmar, observation deck with a view of Myanmar;
- 13:00 Emerald lake;
- 13:30 Tham Luan Cave in Sleeping Girl Mountain (where the children's football team was lost in 2018), Rescue Museum on 23 March 2018;
- 14:30 Lunch on the shores of a picturesque mountain lake, in a national Thai restaurant in gazebos on the lake;
- 16:00 Temple of bearded monkeys, the territory with caves and lakes teeming with colored carps;
- 17:00 In the evening we visit Doi Tung, a palace and park ensemble high in the mountains, along the way we make stops at two observation platforms with amazing views of the entire Chiang Rai Province;
- 19:00 Dinner at the national restaurant;
- 20:00 Colorful chiming clock of King Mengrai in downtown Chiang Rai;
- 20:30 Chiang Rai night market. Overnight at the hotel in Chiang Rai.
Extra-charge for single accommodation is 1.500 THB for all trip.
- 07:00 Breakfast. We leave the hotel in the city of Chiang Rai;
- 08:30 The shocking Black Temple, the real house of death, where all the utensils are made of bones;
- 10:00 Blue Temple;
- 11:00 White Temple (Wat Rong Khun). The most beautiful temple in the Kingdom of Thailand and all of Southeast Asia. View of the master's art gallery. The White Temple in the suburbs of Chiang Rai is incredibly beautiful and unusual. Those who wish can visit the legendary "Golden Toilet";
- 12:30 Geysers. Relax at the hot springs on the way to Chiang Mai. Swimming in the geysers is not allowed;
- 13:00 Lunch;
- 15:00 Silver Temple in Chiang Mai;
- 17:00 City of Chiang Mai. We visit Mount Doi Sutep, an observation deck overlooking the entire city against the backdrop of sunset;
- 18:30 Check-in at the hotel in Chiang Mai;
- 19:00 Dinner;
- 20:00 If you wish, you can visit the Wua Lai Night Market - a local market with a lot of souvenirs from the north of Thailand.
And on the third day:
- 07:00 Breakfast, check out of the hotel;
- 08:30 Chiang Mai city tour, visit the ancient temple of Wat Loc Moli;
- 12:00 Sirithan Waterfall;
- 13:00 Lunch;
- 14:30 Doi Inthanon. The highest peak in the Kingdom of Thailand. At the top you will need warm clothes;
- 15:30 Royal Alpine Flower Park;
- 19:00 Transfer to the airport or hotel in Chiang Mai.
Golden Triangle & Doi Inthanon • FAQs
Bus tickets to Chiang Rai you can find HERE
Address for taxi drivers: 144/1 Jomtiensaineung, Nongprue, Banglamung, Chonburi 20150, Thailand
See location on Google Maps
You can read real reviews about Golden Triangle & Doi Inthanon and write your own review!